Hey bloggy loves! So sorry I missed posting the Musical Monday’s link up yesterday. You may remember my post about Kristina and her blood clots from Friday, so Sunday night I went up to spend the evening and help her out Monday-so I wasn’t on the computer at all yesterday.
She was released early on Sunday (Happy!) and sent home with heavy painkillers, blood thinners, and oxygen because every time they try to take her off oxygen her heart rate shoots up to 150 (which is heart attack level.) Just the thought of her being at risk of a heart attack doesn’t bear thinking about. I don’t want to think about it. So, of course, we all wanted her to use the oxygen, as we didn’t want to consider the alternative. But just thinking about heart attacks makes me think that there should be more pieces of medical equipment in public, and personal spaces, like the Lifepak AEDs Defibrillator, so that urgent medical attention can be carried out should it need to be. It could help to save a life. It could be Kristina’s, or yours. We should all have access to life-saving care when we need it the most. So, that’s why the oxygen can help to reduce the risk of a heart attack… well we’re hoping it will anyway. The oxygen and painkillers are required for at least 3 weeks, which makes it difficult for her to do much and impossible to drive. She’s in quite a lot of pain but the painkillers seem to be doing the trick, although she is struggling to sleep a little because she’s feeling very anxious about being at home constantly. I recommend that she take a look into CBD oil which she can find on CBD oil UK sites with ease. This oil will make her feel much calmer and hopefully, should help her get some sleep. We’re going to mention it at her next doctor’s visit and make sure it’s okay to take with her current concoction of medicine. She also has to be on the blood thinners for six months so the clots will dissolve.
I went up and helped her drive the kids to school, take care of the newborn, and drive her to her doctors appointment yesterday. It was so nice to be around her and the kiddos (Happy!), but man I don’t know how she does it driving kids back and forth to school all day! Kailee has to be there at 8, Kaden at noon, and then pick them both up at 3 (which is a madhouse.) You mother’s amaze me.
Sunday before I headed up to Kristina’s I went over to Ashlee’s house to work on the baskets for the CFPU Howl-O-Ween Event’s silent auction. We have some AWESOME stuff (Happy!). I also met her two foster pups (Happy!) which are absolutely adorable-and available for adoption! The pretty puppy (super sweet and didn’t bark at all) is on the left, and Ginger the mamma is on the right. So cute.
Other things I’m happy about right now:
- My iPhone5 shipped yesterday, and so I should have it by Wednesday evening! When I ordered it last Wednesday the AT&T rep told me 21-28 days to receive, the confirmation email told me 14-21, and I’ll actually have it in 7-8! SWEET!
- My Halloween costume/dress also shipped yesterday, which means I should have it in time for the Howl-O-Ween event on Saturday! Yay!
- I’ve painted more dream catchers, and my feathers are starting to look better!
- I’m obsessed with the latest P!nk album this week… So good, expect a really good Musical Monday’s soon for one of the songs-it really messes with my head!
- Josh and I bought tickets for the Alanis Morissette concert in Boise next week-we’re driving up Monday and coming home Tuesday! So yay for an awesome concert AND two days off work!
- I am now over 800 followers, which means a big giveaway for it soon! Look forward to that!