- I love with everything I have. This used to be something I hated about myself, because loving so hard and so fast is the easiest way to get your heart broken. However now I realize that it also makes me unique-it makes everything I do genuine and it helps me feel alive. I love feircely.
- I bounce back quickly. When you love with everything you have, heartbreak is inevitable, but luckily I just keep on loving and I’m never down for long.
- My brain is like a sponge. I remember things-things from years ago, and I’m able to regurgitate that information back and teach other people what I know as well.
- I can’t hold grudges very well. Forgiveness is something I do nearly as easily as loving-for me to hold any kind of grudge for very long you really have to hurt someone I love-and it had to have been BIG. Luckily that doesn’t happen too often.
- I don’t give up easily. Yeah I try and fail alot (i.e. weight loss attempts) but I always try again.
- I’m an open book. I don’t have many secrets of my own, and I share most of what I am with people. I like that what you see is what you get with me, and that I don’t have to pretend to be anyone else.
- I tell the truth. Honesty is important to me, and sometimes I am honest to the point of bluntness. It’s good though-you will always know how I feel and I hope others will be honest back.
- I’m loyal to a fault. The fault being that I’m often loyal to people who aren’t loyal to me, but I’d rather be loyal than not-and at least I can never be deemed a cheater.
- I am an artist. I may not always be the best at my art, writing, or creating-but I love being an artist none-the-less. It’s wonderful to be able to express myself that way.
- I hope. No matter how many times I say “I’m done with love” or I try to convince myself that maybe some people aren’t meant to find love-I always come back to hoping. Hope is a wonderful thing that keeps me moving forward.
Well heh-hey there lovelies, and happy Valentine’s Day. Or V-Day. Or Singles-Awareness-Day.
Personally I’ve spent most of the Valentine’s holidays of my life single-it never seems to quite work out that I’m coupled up-or coupled up long enough-to celebrate it with anyone. I’ve spent a great deal of these Singles-Awareness-Days entirely too bitter about that situation-but still having fun. Usually watching horror movies and eating good food with friends and getting drunk, all the while complaining about how I’m still single-year in and year out.
But you know what? I’m tired of being bitter. So this is me trying to focus on the positive-and what better way than joining in Shelby’s Single Ladies Link-Up and talking about 10 things I love about myself? I’ll be my own Valentine!
10 Things I Love About Myself
(P.S. I am having dinner with Rocky tonight, but I don’t think he even thought about it being Valentine’s day-and I don’t know where we stand right now, so that’s probably a good thing. Maybe it will all work out between us (there’s that hope I mentioned) or maybe it wont (realism) but either way I will know that I tried.)