Summer is the perfect time to have backyard parties and family get-togethers. Between the warm weather, and holidays like Memorial Day, Labor Day, and 4th of July summer breeds celebrations and fun gatherings.
However, trying to have all the parties you want and still have enough money in the bank for day-to-day can be challenging. But with online deals, coupons, and expert tips you can throw parties all summer long for less cost than you might ever think possible.
The Experts Speak!
Check out these 6 “Money-Saving Tips for Summer Parties”. Author Dana Dratch writes:
- Keep it simple! It’s all about family, friends, fun, and the sun!
- Think kabobs, mmmm. You can save half to 1/3rd by adding chunks of seasonal vegetables in between a few pieces of meat.
- “Slice the price”. Choose “lesser” cuts of meat like London Broil or flatiron that taste great but cost less.
- Go local and seasonal when you pick your menu items.
- Drinks can quickly add cost, so keep the selections simple with water, and one or two flavored punches.
- When the sun starts to fade, don’t turn on the lights but light up candles! Small inexpensive tea lights in mason jars look good and give great light.
Keeping things simple not only keeps the cost low, but it keeps the stress low and reminds everyone the focus is just spending time together outside.
Coupons can be your best friend for sure! Not only can you go online and get coupons for your food, plates, and other dinner trimmings, but you can find coupons for things that will add fun and memories into your summer parties. Coupon codes for Oriental Trading are one of your best assets available. Oriental Trading is a company that offers larger quantities, and lower prices on all kinds of party items. You can get large inflatable fun objects, ‘carnival games’ that can be reusable all summer long, or packages of toys like kites, airplanes, squirt guns, and so many more items that your kids AND you can have fun with!
Unique Styles for Less
Angela Colley gave a glowing review of Etsy on moneycrashers.com, and she pointed out “you can find cheap deals on one-of-a-kind items”. Etsy is an online marketplace where artisans and artists can create their unique products and you can purchase them for low costs. To make it even better, you can get a NerdWallet coupon code for Etsy and save even more! Some of the things you could save on for your summer bash:
- Summer party lights.
- Mason jar mugs with lids.
- Pool party decorations.
- Summer picnic table décor.
- 4th of July burlap banner.
- Hand painted glasses.
Etsy is a great way to add a few special, but affordable touches to your party environment. You can find practical, reusable items like flatware and glasses, or just one-time fun items like fondant cupcake toppers or special holiday decor.
Bring It Together
Once you have your affordable food plan, fun ideas, and one-of-a-kind tableware and party items, you can add a few easy touches that won’t tack on a huge price tag, but will infuse a little pizazz into your backyard festivities! Party enthusiast Jenny Lee gives some extra tips on redbookmag.com:
- String up Christmas lights for a little mood lighting.
- Fill a punch bowl with a jug of inexpensive wine and add:
- Maraschino cherries.
- 1/2 dozen wedges of each:
- Make a mixed cd or iTunes list.
- Rent a small karaoke machine!
- Set out a bowl of temporary tattoos.
Summer time is nature’s gift for any family who loves to party. Take some of these suggestions, and as long as the summer nights last your family can party on!