Long weekends just don’t seem long enough in most cases, especially when you’re working full time and going to school-man, I wish I had more of a break! Friday night Josh, Brittany and I drove up to see Meggy in As You Like It, part of Shakespeare in the Park put on by the Davis Art Council. It was bad… Megan was good (she’s a brilliant actress) but the Director’s cut was not good, a lot of the actors couldn’t find their light, and the costumes were HORRIBLE! So bad…
Saturday I did 5 hours of French homework-teaching myself conjugation and inversion ended in tears… I am so grateful for a French teacher roommate-I would never survive this without his help! Then we went and saw Margaret Cho live-she really goes there haha! After dinner we went to Campfire Lounge (the owners used to run a restaurant called The Bayleaf, which we used to love.) The portions were smaller, but the food was pretty good-other than the smores. The smores were disappointing because they used Marshmallow fluff and chocolate syrup instead of real marshmallows and chocolate. We also ran into Kerri Cronk, local news anchor and the new Josh’s favorite TV person. She was extremely friendly and very nice!
Sunday I went up to Kristina’s house. We made broccoli cheese soup from scratch and I loved on the baby. Then Monday we got up and started crafting and making masks-I love how my masks turned out! It was so much fun! Creating and having awesome results make me happy.
Other Things Making Me Happy
- The bag I ordered from Kinies on Etsy came, and I LOVE it! Every concern I had about ordering from them (the fact that it shipped from Malaysia, quality, etc.) was invalid-it’s such a fantastic bag and shipped so much faster than I expected!
- I found two new favorite restaurants in the last week or so. First, Indochine, which is French & Vietnemese food. I had a Vietnemese crepe which was amazing, and Josh had curry stew with a baguette. It was amazing! Second was Curry Express, which looked really dinky as it’s in Halal Market-a little dinky shop on Redwood Road, but the food was utterly fantastic. For $6.99 we got a drink, curry, and a salad-and their curry was some of the best I’ve ever had.
- I’ve been on such a fruit kick lately. Seriously loving pears and plums especially.
- Class. It hurts my brain-trying to get used to going to class and doing homework-but I love that I’m feeling accomplished and proud of myself for finally doing it.
- While my mornings are early and require lots of coffee, they sure are pretty.
How was your long weekend?