I love Halloween, and I have a love of scary movies that goes all the way back to my childhood when Poltergeist was something I looked forward to all year, and I begged my mom to let me watch Stephen King movies. I’ll probably have to rewatch some of my favorites soon but as they’re going to be some old classics it’ll be a little hard to find them available so maybe I’ll need to look online for a piratebay proxy or others that I could use to stream some Halloween classics. I’ve always loved Halloween movies, so I’d like to share my Halloween watchlist with you! Enjoy!
1. Hocus Pocus (1993): This seems to be one of the top movies on most peoples’ lists, and I could not agree more. In fact I recently learned I didn’t have a copy, and promptly logged into Amazon and ordered it! Now I do!
2. Practical Magic (1998): One of those movies that can’t be forgotten. It’s not necessarily overly scary, but it’s a staple for me. One of my favorite movies of all time. It reminds me of good times and past Halloweens with Melanie.
3. The Halloween Tree (1992): One of my favorite childhood Halloween movies. It’s strangely creepy for a cartoon, but it should be since it’s made from a Ray Bradbury novel. He has a knack for the creepy-and it’s so great.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): Yeah it has Christmas in the title, but it’s best at Halloween. Well, it’s best at BOTH holidays! Nightmare Before Christmas forever. I’m also a bit Tim Burton fan-and I adore Jack.
5. Beetlejuice (1988): Probably one of the best staples of my childhood list. It’s hilarious, and so much fun!
7. Poltergeist (1982): As a child we were allowed to watch Potergeist on Halloween, and when I’d start counting down the days until Halloween it was one part that was in my mind. I always wanted to stay up late on Halloween to watch it, even when I was full of candy and nodding off on the couch.
8. Cabin in the Woods (2012): Okay, so maybe this isn’t super Halloweeny but I’ve already watched it for Halloween this year, and it’s such a fun one. It’s Joss Whedon, so you know it’s both weird and good!
10. Halloween (2007): I really enjoy the Rob Zombie remake. It’s nice and creepy-and a great Halloween official!
11. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949): You can only get it on the later bundled Adventures of Ichabod Crane & Mr. Toad, but it’s the same cartoon-and so fun and spooky!
12. Trick ‘r Treat (2007): This was was a really fun horror movie to get into for Halloween!
13. The Addams Family (1991): Ahhhh a classic. Who doesn’t love Wednesday and Cousin It?
14. Pet Semetary (1991): This was a movie I begged and begged my mother to let me watch as a child. She insisted it was too scary and I could watch it when I grew up. I finally was able to rent it and watch it at grandma’s with my best friend around 12 years old. We just laughed at the dancing kid.
15. Sleepy Hollow (1999): Yep, another Tim Burton. It’s not the last. I really love this take on the story!
16. It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (1966): Soooo cute, and exactly my childhood.
17. Friday the 13th (2009): Yep, I’m going with the remake here too. Sorry for those of you that are originals only kind of people-I had so much fun going to the theatre to see this with my friends!
18. The Corpse Bride (2005): I know a lot of people didn’t love it, but I do! It’s soooo cute!
19. ParaNorman (2012): This one ended up being quite fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great movie.
20. Ernest Scared Stupid (1991): I LOVED Ernest when I was a kid, and this was a particular favorite.