You may remember when I first started looking at houses I shared a list of the 15 DIY Kitchen Projects I was dying to try in my new home. Things have changed a bit since actually buying a house and having a different space to work with, so I may update that one eventually. However, today I’d like to share some Bathroom projects I want to try.
My house has two bathrooms currently, one upstairs that is mostly updated (though they did a terrible job when they did it) and a downstairs bathroom which I’m afraid might be a lost cause. It’s so awful I don’t even know how to fix it, but I’ll talk about that at another time. For now, here are some projects I’ve collected for you from Pinterest, enjoy!
1. These Window Box Bathroom Storage Bins would be perfect for holding towels and other things in a bathroom with limited space. They’re small, and they’d fit against the wall or cupboards somewhere to help conserve floor space.
2. Neither of my bathrooms have toilet paper roll holders. I bought a free standing one, but I’m kind of liking this toilet paper roll holder with a shelf tutorial. It’s not only adorable, but it would be useful too!
3. I found this super basic 2 minute tutorial for a magnetic strip that holds things like bobby pins or tweezers. I’m forever losing all of those things, so this would be handy! It’s not cute, but I think it would be super easy to make it cute with some thin fabric or washi tape, don’t you think?
4. I totally adore these mason jar bathroom organizers. And how easy is strapping a few mason jars to a board and filling it with your bathroom things like sponges, makeup brushes, Q-tips, etc.?
5. If you have the floor space (I don’t, at least not upstairs) an old ladder is a super cute towel holder!
6. Bathroom mirrors can be super boring, but not when you frame your mirror! Adding some simple molding, an old picture frame, or some mosaic tile around your bathroom mirror will add a lot of charm to that part of your bathroom.
7. Two things you can never get enough of in a bathroom is mirrors and storage. How about building your own bathroom mirror storage case? It gives you a nice full length(ish) mirror to admire your outfits in, PLUS the added benefit of storage behind it. Brilliant!
8. You can totally snag this FREE pattern for this soft knit bath mat from Coco Knits. Cute!
9. This narrow rope shelf is totally doable, and adorable too! Plus, you can totally adjust the lengths and widths as needed for your space!
10. I didn’t even think about using the space above the door by installing an above door shelf. Usefull!
11. This DIY magazine storage takes up almost no space, and looks so easy to install! It’s cute too.
12. Uh, did you know you can turn a drawer into a bathroom shelf and that it’s easy? SO cute.
If you were interested in having a professionals opinion on doing up your bathroom consider having a chat with bathroom renovations Canberra, they have some modern designs so I hear.