Wowza, it almost passed right by me without noticing, and if it weren’t for the timehop app to remind me I may not have even remembered that yesterday this little blog turned seven years old. That’s right-February 18th, 2016 was My So-Called Chaos’ 7th blog birthday! This blog really has been my baby, and I’ve poured seven years worth of love, devotion, trial and error, money, sweat/blood/tears, and all-encompassing joy into it. So, today I thought I’d take a moment to celebrate this blog and how far it’s come in the past 7 years by throwing a little virtual party for it. Who’s invited? Well YOU! You are, you big silly, so thanks for coming. We really appreciate it. 🙂
Happy 7th blog birthday My So-Called Chaos!
This blog has come so far from the little personal blog I started it out as with my very first post. I had started the blog as a creative outlet to write about my life while times were slow at work (I worked for a tax software company and we had a lot of down time), so at first it was more of just an online journal-and most of it is pretty cringe-worthy now. But it’s history. It’s my history, and the history of this little blog. I’m happy to say that things have come a long way, and while I still enjoy writing about my personal life, my way of presenting it has improved significantly. This is thanks to patience and practice, some good studying, and many other wonderful bloggers along the way.
To kick off this celebration, I’d like to share a few memorable posts from over the years. I’ve done my best to narrow it down to the top 3-5 per year because there were so many good ones but I don’t want this post to be ridiculously long. So enjoy! 🙂
Top Posts from 2009
- Viva Las Vegas – A birthday trip to Las Vegas with my two closest friends.
- Adventures & Injuries at Lake Powell – A week in Lake Powell. I fell off a boat and had a killer bruise for many months after.
- The Princess & Two Knights – A fairy tale version of how I was torn between two men.
Top Posts from 2010
- Stunned. Shocked. Appalled. – The true story of how I found out from this very blog that the guy I was seeing was also seriously seeing several other women.
- I Was Labeled, but It Gets Better – All about growing up as, and getting over being, “the fat kid”.
- Recipe: Mini Fruit Pizzas – Terrible photos, but tasty food.
- Recipe: Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies – Again, not good photos, but really good food.
- Mad Birthday Cake Decorating Skills – I made myself a birthday cake with fondant and everything, and it turned out cute for a first timer.
Top Posts from 2011
- Party Like a Lohan – We threw a killer 30th birthday party for my friend Megan with the theme “party like a lohan.”
- Take Responsibility For YOUR Feelings – All about owning your feelings and not blaming others.
- In Memory of An Amazing Woman – My friend Megan’s mom died, and this was my tribute.
Top Posts from 2012
- Ex Anonymity in Blogging – The true story about how using my exes real name in my blog posts made my post (the “Stunned. Shocked. Appalled.” post from 2010) the number one search result in Google under his name, and how this forced me to think about anonymity for the guys I write about.
- Grieving – Talking about the stages of grief and how they apply not only to death, but to breakups too.
- Waking Up to a Police Standoff – We legitimately woke up to a huge standoff outside our apartment.
- My Womanifesto – I loved when the womanifesto was a big thing in the blogging community. So empowering.
- When the Voices Change – Talking about how loving myself kind of snuck up on me.
Top Posts from 2013
- Hurt People Hurt People – A post about how when people hurt you, it’s probably because they’re hurting themselves.
- Save Yourself: My First Tattoo – My experience choosing and getting my first tattoo.
- Ten Practical Tips for Lowering Stress at Work – My clever post about lowering stress-complete with fun gifs.
- Recipe: Cheesy Curried Mushroom and Onion Stuffed Delicata Squash – Soooooo good.
- In 27 Years I Have Learned – Life lessons I had learned as I turned 27.
Top Posts from 2014
- Recipe: Stuffed Acorn Squash – I really love stuffed squashes, can you tell?
- Now That I’m Clean I’m Never Gonna Risk It – How I almost fell back in with my ex, or how I wanted to but didn’t.
- I Wore an eShakti Dress to my 10 Year High School Reunion – My first outfit post and photos from my reunion.
- I Know Now, I Know You Were Wrong – The true story of a guy I dated, and how we ended and why I didn’t want to stay friends.
- I Deleted All My Online Dating Profiles – How I was empowered to give up online dating (for a while).
- Cheater McCheaterson – The true story of how an old coworker came back into my life trying to date me, but how I discovered he was cheating on the wife he said had left him.
Top Posts from 2015
- The Great Duvet Devate: Am I Too Old for My Current Decor Style? – Choosing a new duvet prompted a total self-evaluation.
- 10 Common Blogging Mistakes You Might Be Making – these are great tips for evaluating what you’re doing on your blog.
- Why Attachment Does Not Equal Love – Also titled “Why My Heart Lives in My Vagina” because thank you Grey’s Anatomy.
- DIY Bath Salts – This was a fun DIY!
- Top Tips for a First Time Homebuyer – Used my experience in buying a house to hopefully help others!
- Recipe: All-Veggie Spaghetti – This was so tasty!
- Meet Handsome Bub: My Rescue Pittie – I had to share this one! I just love my Bub so much.
- Because Falling Fills My Memory – Talking about a relationship I’ve been working through, and letting go.
- Lessons I’ve Learned as a New Doggy Mom – Good stuff to know about pet ownership.
Also, if you’re new here and a blogger, you should 100% check out my Better Your Blog Series!
Let’s Celebrate with Gifts For You
To celebrate I’ve decided to offer a special deal on ad space. This weekend only (ends Monday), all ads are BOGO! Purchase any sized ad space between now and Monday and I’ll extend it for an extra month at no extra cost! That’s two for one babes!
Oh hey, and a Giveaway
I’m also offering one lucky winner a $25 Starbucks Gift Card to celebrate! Someone should get gifts on my blog’s birthday, why not you? This is open worldwide, ends on 2/26/16 at 12AM, and entering below agrees to all terms and conditions within the rafflecopter.