I’m not sure if any of you have looked at a calendar within the last two days but… It’s August. Yes, I’m serious-we’re starting out the eighth month of the year and before we know it’ll be Fall (yesssss) then Winter (nooooo) and we’ll be scrambling to finish out our Christmas to-make, to-buy, and to-do lists… Oh man, I’m so sorry… I just stressed myself out so I can’t imagine what it must have been like for you to read that last little bit… But you know, there are only 143 days to Christmas… Yikes. Let’s not think about that, okay? I’m the queen of procrastination, and let’s face it-before then we have to deal with back to school, Halloween, and Thanksgiving… There’s time right? One thing I know, it’s time (past time, really) for my August goals and The Monthly Goals linky party… Are you joining us this month?
For those of you who are new here, we do this monthly on the first day of the month (I’m late, I know, but I was out of town and then soooo sick-still sick, but back at my desk this morning) and we recap last month’s goals and set goals going forward. There’ll be more information towards the end of this post where the linky is.
- Get my house cleaned up and help the boyfriend unpack his stuff. FAIL.
- Buy a new lawnmower. FAIL.
- Set up the fun little pool I bought so we can relax in it. FAIL.
Go camping. SUCCESS! Spend a night at Ken and Kristina’s.SUCCESS! Throw Ortie an awesome baby shower.SUCCESS! See photos HERE.
- Get my pages and sidebar updated. FAIL.
Figure out what to switch to for my blog sponsorship program. SUCCESS! (More info coming soon…)
- Plan out the next three months of group giveaways. FAIL.
- Set up my new Second Saturday Six post to replace the Saturday Spotlights. FAIL.
- Edit and update a huge chunk of old posts. FAIL.
- Get my book reviews written and posted on Page à Vu as well as updated on Goodreads. FAIL.
- Get caught up on my inbox and everything I needed to do last month. FAIL.
- Do at least one fashion post. FAIL.
- Do at least one recipe or DIY post. FAIL.
- Do at least one Better Your Blog post. FAIL.
- Get my photos from Savannah edited and posted. FAIL.
- Put together a budget and start working to stick to it. FAIL.
- Start working on my A+ certification. FAIL.
Well, July was full of fail… To be honest, I should have expected it with all of the big stuff that was going down… My part time job was supposed to be just a good 7-10 hours a week and I’m getting around 25 hours a week… We’ve been short-staffed and working hard to compensate. We also didn’t have a store manager who could do the hiring, so hopefully my schedule will calm down a bit as our new Store Manager starts hiring employees. We also moved offices at my regular job, so I’ve not been able to do as much at work anymore as I used to. Such a bummer!
Oh well, here’s to August’s goals being more accomplish-able! I think I’ll make them much simpler this time, because otherwise (with all the stuff that’s still going on with work and home) I’m just setting myself up to fail…
- Get my house in some kind of order-it’s not livable at this point.
- Get my pages and sidebar updated.
- Finish up my new sponsorship program and get it running right.
- Plan out the next three months of group giveaways.
- Get caught up on my inbox and everything I needed to do last month.
- Get my photos from Savannah edited and posted.
- Put together a budget and start working to stick to it.
- Save at least $100 in my savings account.
- Get caught up on bills and credit card payments.
- Not spend everything I make from my second job at my second job. >.<
What are your August Goals?
<a href=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/tag/the-monthly-goals” title=”The Monthly Goals at My So-Called Chaos” target=”blank”><img src=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MonthlyGoalsButton2016.jpg” alt=”The Monthly Goals Link-Up”></a>
Join Us for the Monthly Goals
How to Play Along:
- Follow your hosts My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen’s World in some way to keep up with these linkies.
- Write up a post about your goals for the month.
- Include the button (below) or a link back to my post or Karen’s.
- Link up in the linky below.
- The linky goes live on the first Thursday of each month and is open all month so link up at any time.
- Only posts talking about your goals (in whatever format you like) can be linked up.
- Posts that don’t link back or contain the button will be removed.
- Visit other people in the linky and lave encouragement and support!