Oh Autumn! September has come and the air is starting to smell crisp and spiced. Soon leaves will turn and the mountains around me will be filled with color. I can’t wait for bundled-up people carrying their cups of coffee between their chilled hands as the sound of leaves crunching under cute boots fills the air. Can you tell that Fall is my favorite? It definitely is, and with this cooler season comes the need for more fall outfits.
One of the best things about Fall outfits is how stylish you can look while being mostly covered up. You can bundle your arms up in thick sweaters and slip into soft leggings that eliminate the need for leg-shaving. Perfection! Finding great fall outfits as a curvy girl can sometimes be hard, but finding any outfit as a curvy girl can. I’ve got a couple of super-adorable fall outfits here that will satisfy every autumn-loving curvy girl’s pumpkin-spice scented soul.
Fall Outfits: Rainy Day Reader
Doesn’t this outfit just remind you of the cute girl curled up with her cat in her lap, a cup of hot tea, and one of the classics? Perhaps she’s wearing thick cat-eyed glasses and has an adorable bob swirling around her round cheeks. Well, even if you’re not that girl, this outfit is SO dang cute, and just about anyone can rock if they want a cozy retro look.
Get the Look
- Happy Hosting Dress in Marigold via ModCloth – Sizes 2-30
- Mix Stitch Fit and Flare Cardigan via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- ViV Collection Charcoal Plus Leggings via Amazon – 2 “one size” options: Regular (0-12) & Plus (14-24)
- Gotta Heart Somewhere Flat via ModCloth – Sizes 6-10
- Handmade Zipper Cross-Body Bag via Purple Flower Purses on Etsy
- Leaf Pendant Necklace via Torrid
- Vintage Rotary Telephone Phone Case via Casetify
Suggested Book: Dead Poets Society by N. H. Kleinbaum
Short Synopsis: Todd Anderson and his friends at Welton Academy can hardly believe how different life is since their new English professor, the flamboyant John Keating, has challenged them to “make your lives extraordinary! ” Inspired by Keating, the boys resurrect the Dead Poets Society–a secret club where, free from the constraints and expectations of school and parents, they let their passions run wild. Learn more…
Fall Outfits: Brazen Boho Betty
Who says leggings can’t be pants? Heartless people! Actually, I used to be one of those people, but with the right leggings and the right tunic-style top, I think I can get behind this leggings as pants thing.
Get the Look
- Open Stitch Tunic Sweater via Torrid – Sizes 10-30/li>
- Geo Print Full Length Leggings via Torrid – Sizes 12-30
- Faux Leather & Scuba Strappy Knee Boots via Torrid – Wide Width & Calf, Sizes 6-13
- Brass Wire Wrapped Black Obsidian Arrowhead Necklace via Chelsea Den Jewelry on Etsy
- Blue CZ Set of Brass Bangles via Sylviato Jewelry on Etsy
- Scrapbook Ending Bag in Ink via ModCloth
- Arrowheads Phone Case via Casetify
Suggested Book: The Physic Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
Short Synopsis: While clearing out her grandmother’s cottage for sale, Connie Goodwin finds a hidden parchment inscribed with the name Deliverance Dane. And so begins the hunt to uncover the woman behind the name, a hunt that takes her back to Salem in 1692 …and the infamous witchcraft trials. But nothing is entirely as it seems and when Connie unearths the existence of Deliverance’s spell book, the Physick Book, the situation takes on a menacing edge as interested parties reveal their desperation to find this precious artifact at any cost. Learn more…
Fall Outfits: Tough Chick Chic
Sometimes I want to be a tomboy, sometimes I want to be a girly girl, and sometimes I want to be a combination of the two. Mixing a tough color, like an olive or military green, with a soft color such as a blush pink or peach can accomplish that goal… At least when it comes to outfits! Plus, olive green is SO fall, and making some fall outfits with some olive and a touch of feminine pink sounds logical to me, doesn’t it to you?
Get the Look
- Studded Military Shirt Jacket via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Chiffon Grommet Tank Top via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Premium Stretch Bombshell Skinny Jean – Dark Wash via Torrid – Sizes 10-30 (Size up one size in these!)
- Side Zip Wedge Booties via Torrid – Wide Width, Sizes 7-13
- Vintage Tan Leather Bucket Bag via Shop the Reserve on Etsy
- Sparkle Choker Layered Necklace via Torrid
- Gemstone Pavé Ring Set via Torrid – Sizes 8-12
- Tropical Wanderlust Phone Case via Casetify
Book Suggestion: Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
Short Synopsis: An exquisite rendering of the story behind the Rapunzel fairy tale. Charlotte-Rose de la Force has been banished from the court of Versailles by the Sun King, Louis XIV, after a series of scandalous love affairs. She is comforted by an old nun, Seur Seraphina, who tells her the tale of a young girl who, a hundred years earlier, is sold by her parents for a handful of bitter greens… Learn more…
Fall Outfits: September Sunflower
As the heat of the Summer sun fades into the crisp warm tones of autumn, one flower seems to bloom at it’s strongest and stand out from the rest; the sunflower. Just like the sunflower, boss babes know what it’s like to take charge and stand out bright and bold amidst the changing times-showing us exactly what they’re made of. Strong stuff. This September Sunflower outfit is adorable, but also professional and brilliant for the girl in charge of her life and probably more no matter what the seasons throw at her.
Get the Look
- Autumn Leaf Festival Dress via ModCloth – Coming soon!
- Cut Away Blazer via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Microfiber Tights via Torrid
- Exam Day Elegance Heel in Sunflower via ModCloth – Sizes 6-10
- Mustard Yellow Mini Crossbody Bag via Angela Valentine Bags on Etsy
- Sunflower Infinity Necklace via Nikush Art Studio Jewelry on Etsy
- Sunflower Stud Earrings via Nikush Art Studio Jewelry on Etsy
- Bright Yellow Sunflower and Honey Bees Phone Case via Casetify
Book Suggestion: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
Short Synopsis: When Julia Beckett moves into the beautiful old farmhouse, she soon discovers she’s not alone there.”Tread lightly, she is near.” She encounters haunting remnants of a beautiful young woman who lived and loved there centuries ago. She finds herself transported into 17th-century England, and into the world of Mariana. Learn more…
Fall Outfits: Casual Cutie
Sometimes you just need to keep it casual… But that doesn’t mean you don’t want to still look like a million bucks too. Here’s an outfit that you can wear anywhere sneakers and jeans are allowed, and a few great accessories that compliment the look.
Get the Look
- Floral Sleeve Raglan Tee via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Torrid Jegging – Olive Wash via Torrid – Sizes 10-30, Varying Lengths
- Faux Leather Wedge Sneakers via Torrid – Wide Width, Sizes 6-13
- Faux Leather Zip Mini Satchel via Torrid
- Long Oak Leaf Necklace via Sula Cole on Etsy
- Etched Copper Bracelet Cuff Roses and Thorns via Metal Me This on Etsy
- Squirrel and Acorn Mismatched Stud Earrings via Fripparie on Etsy
- Cat Beanie via Torrid
- Roses and Dots Phone Case via Casetify
Book Suggestion: Menagerie by Rachel Vincent
Short Summary: When Delilah Marlow visits a famous traveling carnival, Metzger’s Menagerie, she is an ordinary woman in a not-quite-ordinary world. But under the macabre circus black-top, she discovers a fierce, sharp-clawed creature lurking just beneath her human veneer. Captured and put on exhibition, Delilah is stripped of her worldly possessions, including her own name, as she’s forced to “perform” in town after town. But there is breathtaking beauty behind the seamy and grotesque reality of the carnival. Learn more…