Oh September as come and nearly gone, and it’s time to talk about our September favorites and share our most-loved blog posts from other bloggers in the Monthly Coffee linky party. Are you ready? I’m very nearly not… Except I don’t mourn September flying by so quickly when I know that October is near… October is the best month of the year! So, here are my September favorites…
September Favorites Around the Blogosphere
Why You Should Start Doing Things That Scare You at Work by Mckenzie of Mckenzie Allyshia // This is such a great post! I needed that reminder to get out of my comfort zone and work towards more growth and possibility. I’ve felt stuck for so long…
Lisa Frank: Graphic Design in Vintage 80s Rainbow Heaven by Brittany at Pop Shop America // I was such a Lisa Frank kid. I spent hours coloring in Lisa Frank books, I carried around Lisa Frank binders and other school supplies, and the stickers-man, that was sticker heaven! For some reason, I’ve gone all these years without thinking about much more than how much I adored the school supplies each year, and missed all the controversy! Brittany shared a great post with some of the Lisa Frank vintage finds on Etsy-and linked to some fascinating company dirt!
Five Easy Ways to Stay in Touch Due to Long Distance from Tabitha at A Hundred Tiny Wishes // This post is so personally relevant to me. It seems that as I grow older more and more of my nearest and dearest pick up and move away. My very best friend MelanieGrace has lived in Savannah for many years now, my good friend Samuel moved to Seattle and took with him several other friends and acquaintances, and of course my roommate of many years and best guy friend Josh lives all the way up in Edmonton. Keeping in touch with them is important to me, and these are all great ideas!
3 Things You Need to Know About Going Viral by Kimi of The Blog Dept. // Did you know Kimi (from Kimi Who?) started a second blog to help other bloggers? She did, and it’s great! I loved this post because I’ve never really thought about going Viral… I mean I hoped for it, but I never really thought about what it might entail.
September Favorites in Fashion
- Rainbow Moonstone Sterling Silver Ring from Don Biu Silver
- Live For Love Scoop Tee from Torrid – I bought this and I LOVE it!
- from Mary Morris Jewelry
- Charm, Quote and tassel Keychains from Jill Makes
- Mermaid Pink Shell Enamel Pin from I Love Crafty
- Beef Taco Charm from Sucre Sucre Miniatures
- Gilded Grace Lace Dress in Champagne from ModCloth – I’m in love with this dress. If I were getting married right now-THIS would be the dress. It even comes in extended sizes. I kind of want to buy the dress and plan an entire wedding all around it-but we’re not there yet and what if my size changes? Haha!
- Talisman Necklace with Patina Feather, Arrowhead, and Leaf from Jessica Klaaran
- TOMS Women’s Classic Slip-On Black Floral “La Vie est Belle – I bought these and I keep wearing them all the time! I love them so much.
- LuLaRoe Halloween Leggings – Okay, I finally gave in and tried the LLR leggings and I’m obsessed with them. So now, I’m dying for some Halloween leggings-so much for that I broke and pre-ordered like 5 pair. To be fair, they’re mystery so I figure if I order 5 I’ll at least get one that I love. But I’m hoping so desperately for at least the witch hats and some skulls. DESPERATELY.
- Fox Bag from La Lisette
- Fold Over Combat Boots (Wide Width) from Torrid – I have a pair like this in black and I LOVE them!
- The Dancer to Your Questions Dress in Blue Plaid from ModCloth
- Knit Drape Front Fringe Cardigan from Torrid
- Apothecary On Bag from ModCloth
- Disney Ariel Collection Shell Drape Cardigan from Torrid – I just bought this and it’s sooooo cute.
- Jeggings from Torrid – Seriously, I’m in LOVE. My black ones are amazing, and I’m obsessed with my new Olive Green Jeggings and Dark Teal Jeggings.
- Layering Necklace – Silver and Agate Arrowhead Necklace from Delezhen
- Not Here To Smile For You Feminist Cat Brooch from Riotcakes
September Stitch Fix by Libby at Health, Love & Fire // No one does Stitch Fix like Libby does. I actually really look forward to reading her posts and seeing all of the outfits she tries on. I get inspiration, and I get to leave my opinion on what I think she should keep. I love that! Haha!
September Favorites in Travel
Five Things to Do on the Way to Glacier National Park by Andi at Misadventures with Andi // I always love Andi’s helpful and exciting travel posts. I learn more about places, and inevitably add a million places to my “must see” list. This one is no different!
The Narrows | Zion National Park from Ashley Lauren at The Homeplace // Zion National Park is in my home state, and can you believe I’ve never been there? I’ve heard a lot though-and definitely need to go! Ashley Lauren’s photos are gorgeous there too…
The Carr’s Move Out West by Chelsie at Hey There Chelsie // Um, I love this post because it means the gorgeous Chelsie is now almost my neighbor. I mean, now I’ll have another Salt Lake City bloggy buddy right? Also, I love that she had such a great bloggy friend (fellow Utahn Shannon) to help her move! I love blog friends!
September Favorites in Home & Garden
- Where You Lead Gilmore Girls Theme Song Digital Printable Wall Art 8×10 from Mama Designed
- Fall Coffee Mug, Fall Mug from The Sister Studio
- Child / Teen / Adult Mermaid Tail Minky Blanket from Tara’s Cozy Creations
- French Bergere Wing Back Chair from Orange Nolive
- Little House Planter from 3D Uni Print
- Restored Victorian Hollywood Regency Sofa Settee Love Seat from Vintage Rescues
- Gypsy Dream Catcher- Modern Macrame Wall Hanging from Open Eyes Open Mind
- Whales in Comparison Butter Dish from ModCloth
- Sight for Saur Eyes Lamp in Stegosaurus from ModCloth
- Ring Dish – Love You To The Moon And Back from Pottery Lodge
- Ceramic Skull Planter from MudPuppy
- When the Planets A-Dine Plate Set from ModCloth
- Vintage Camper Bird House from One Man One Garage
- Peas Pass the Salt Shaker Set from ModCloth
- Scoops of Flower Measuring Spoons from ModCloth
- Set of 3 Small Mountain Wall Shelf from Landings by Nikki
- Hippy Hammock // Macrame Chair from The Throwback Daze
- Show Me Your Kitties Mug from DeLuce Design
- Sparrow the Seeds Magnetic Planter Set from ModCloth
- to gnome you is to love you from Jesiiii
- Hanging, Mini Pebbled Octopus Air Planter from Cindy Searles
- Tacos & Booze Quote Doormat from Fox and Clover Boutique
- To Eats Their Own Baking Dish in Fauna – Large from ModCloth
- Get Your Chlorophyll Duvet Cover in Full/Queen from ModCloth
September Favorites in Food
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Glaze from Marye at Restless Chipotle // Doesn’t this sound amazing? YUM!
Maple Chipotle Cashews from Willow at Create Mindfully // These also sound amazing. Such a great fall-flavored snacking treat!
8 Pumpkin Wine Pairings from Insolence and Wine // Um yes please. Can we pair all the Pumpkin dishes with all the wine this Fall! YES MA’AM!
September Favorites in DIY
5 Easy Fall DIY Projects from Hannah & Sara at The Perfect Storm // I LOVE these DIY projects that Hannah and Sara found. That cute fox wreath… NEED.
Fall Decor Chalk Paint DIY from Allie at Eat.Raise.Run // This is sooooo cute. Serioulsy, what a pretty Fall decor item.
What are your September Favorites?
The Monthly Coffee Link-Up
Monthly Coffee is a monthly linky party where we showcase posts from other bloggers that we loved throughout the month. You’ll find all sorts of things here, anything that tickled our fancy for the month, and hopefully you’ll find new posts you love and make some new bloggy friends.
<a href=”http://www.mysocalledchaos.com” title=”Monthly Coffee” target=”blank”><img src=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MonthlyCoffee.jpg” alt=”Monthly Coffee with Aubrey & Angie”></a>
How to Participate in Monthly Coffee
- Write up a post showcasing the other posts you loved throughout the month. (I find it helpful to schedule the post or set it to draft at the start of the month, and then just add links to it as the month goes on so I don’t lose anything.)
- Add the button or a link back to the party to your post.
- Link-up in the inLinkz linky tool at the bottom of this post.
- Visit other partiers and check out what they showcased, and leave comments for them.
Link Up With This Party