Raise your hand if you think that 2016 has been a cruel mistress? Anyone? I mean aside from taking many of our beloved icons, musicians, and celebrities (I’m still not over Bowie and Rickman *sniffle*) it’s just flying by… I mean, I feel like it was yesterday I was sharing all of the things I loved in September, and now here we are talking about my October favorites and linking up for the monthly linky party. Sheesh!
October Favorites for Halloween
This month, I want to set aside a minute to share some of my October favorites that are Halloween themed. It is, after all, the best holiday of the year. It also just-so-happens to be in a few days.
Favorite Halloween Decor to Buy
- Finders Reapers Pillow via ModCloth
- Halloween Pumpkin Candy Bowl via Target I bought this! It’s adorable!
- Halloween Coasters from Chasing Hippos Coaster Shop
- Coffin Shelf from Life After Death Designs
- Make the Ghost of It DIY Garland Kit via ModCloth
- Halloween Haunted Radio via Target I bought this one too! I love it!
- Ouija Board Doormat from Weekend Vibes Handmade
- Halloween Cotton Ball String Lights from Ginew
- Halloween Witch Swinging on the Moon Pendulum Wall Clock from Sol Pixie Dust
- Nightmare Before Christmas Decor Halloween Ornaments from Belka UA
- Dia De Los Muertos Skull Day of the Dead Skull Planter from Concrete Geometric
- Go to Extremities Jewelry Stand via ModCloth
- Nightmare on Elm Street III Hand Embroidered Leather Dreamcatcher from Carrion Comfort
- Halloween Witch Needle Felted Mobile on Broomstick from Made for You by Magic
- Day of the Dead Sleeping Cat Statue from Fire K Designs
- Halloween Wooden Hanging Finger Sign via Target I also bought this…
- Book of the Damned Halloween Decor from Daydream Hunter
- Halloween Chihuahua Skeleton via Target
- Mr Bones Halloween Pumpkin Centerpiece from South TX Creations
- Halloween Mummy Felt Toy from Belka UA
- Halloween Burlap Pillows from Kelley’s Collections
- Halloween Glitter Jack Wall-Art via Target I got these last year-so cute!
- Hocus Pocus Themed Mug from Prints Made with LOVE
- Halloween Lantern from Mishiu Ferris
- Poison Apples (Set of 3) from Daydream Hunter
- Jack O Lantern 15 oz. Stemless Wine Glass Set of 4 from Taara Bazaar
- Petite Mort Mini Skull Candle Set from Milk of Venus
- Furrybones Salt & Pepper Shakers from Mojo Me Lady
- Pallet Pumpkin with Attached Mums Box from Jackson Pallet Crafts
- Halloween Outdoor Painted Horseshoe Pumpkin Decor from ReidHorse
- Hocus Pocus “We Fly!” Ultra Plush Throw from Busy Bree Design
- Halloween Twig Wreath via Target
- Halloween Orange and Black Chevron Crochet Blanket from Winkel van Cinkel
- 5 Foot Unfinished Pressure Treated Pine Designs Fancy Halloween Pumpkin Cut Out Swing from Furniture Barn USA
- Halloween Hanging Skeleton Frame via Target
- Halloween Skeleton Groundbreaker via Target
- Halloween Mini Planters via Redwood Stoneworks
- Personalized Halloween Family Sign from Wood Life Prints
- Halloween Monster Mug with Succulents from Riley’s Oasis
Favorite Halloween Decor to DIY
Make a Halloween Fairy Garden Centerpiece from Our Daily Craft // This is SO cute, and you’d be surprised at how many adorable Halloween Fairy Garden pieces there are available on Etsy. I really want to make one now!
Bloody Coaster DIY with Ceramic Tiles from Hello Nature // These are so cool looking, and if you’re like me, you’d probably leave them out all year long…
DIY Glow in the Dark Spider Nest Lanterns from Not Quite Suzie Homemaker // These are creepy cute! I love cool ideas like this too-and I’m a lighting nut!
DIY Blood Dripped Candles from LilyShop // These are creepy cool, and not too difficult to pull off!
DIY Hanging Cheesecloth Ghosts from Crafts Unleashed // I LOVE these. They’re soooo cool, and what a brilliant and easy way to make them!
Favorite Halloween Recipes
Halloween Ghost Chocolate Bark: DIY Halloween Candy from Mom Foodie // Oh this is both cute and delicious! Nom nom nom!
29 Amazing Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes from Chemistry Cachet // This is so great! There’s always a ton of leftover candy, and aside from just stuffing it into my face, I’d like something creative to do with it. I’ve pinned this so that come November 1st, I’m ready!
10 Monster Eyeball Treats from Live Laugh Love Post // These are fun, and if you’re doing a monster-themed party they’re exactly what you need!
Polyjuice Potion – A Vodka Cocktail by The Gastronom //
Edible Candy Corn Cups from Fun Money Mom // These are so cute! They’d be fun for kids, but also fun for adults… A.K.A. Edible Shot Glasses anyone? YASSSS.
13 Quick & Easy Last Minute Halloween Recipes from Frugal Foodie Mom // This is perfect-I’m a procrastinator and I don’t have time to do much cooking lately. BIG thanks to Carrie for finding us these easy recipes we can pull off this weekend!
Favorite Halloween Fashion Favorites
So much Halloween fashion out there-you have no idea! You may have seen all the adorable Halloween outfits for all body types that I put together the other day, but here are a few more of my favorites I’ve found this month!
Halloween Fashion to Buy
- Gourd Out of My Mind Sweatshirt via ModCloth Sizes XS-XL
- Nightmare Before Christmas Jack and Sally Stitches Split Leg Leggings from The Geek Garden – Sizes XS-4XL
- Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave Necklace from C.A.B. Fayre
- Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice Brooch Halloween Pack from Sayonara Baby
- Witch Better Have My Candy Tee from Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Graveyard Shift Printed Skater Skirt from The Kawaii Machine – Sizes S-3XL
- Day of the Dead Kewpie Enamel Pin from Em & Sprout
- Go On, Talus More Leather Boot via ModCloth – Sizes 5-11
- Women’s Halloween Winking Pumpkin Muscle Tee via Target – Sizes XS-XL
- 3 Pairs Halloween Stud Earrings from Krystal’s Kreations 20
- Oh My Gosh A-Line Dress in Bats via ModCloth – Sizes S-4XL
- Mermaid Skeleton Necklace from Hand Stamped Jewelry 55
- CowCow Halloween Chalkboard Skater Dress via Amazon
- Cat Magic Skater Fit and Flare Dress from Em & Sprout – Sizes S-3XL
- Ouija Board Flats from Leadfoot Lucy – Sizes 5-12
- A Friend in Need Is a Friend Undead Men’s Socks via ModCloth
- Skeleton Hooded Tunic Sweater – Sizes 10-30
- Mini Bloody Cleaver Clutch Purse via Amazon
- Nice Day for a Fright Wedding Socks via ModCloth
- 2 Skeleton Hand Hair Clips from Always Anchors
- Off Shoulder Floral Skull Bombshell Dress from Adored Retro – Sizes S-3XL
- Bride Of Frakenstein Skull Monster Purse With Pink Tiger Bow from Cashmere Punk
- We Can Ghoul It! T-Shirt via ModCloth – Sizes XS-XXXL
- Skull Open Front Knitted Cardigan via Amazon – Sizes S/M-2XL
- Skull and Crossbones Thick Leggings from VixenObscure – Sizes S/M-3XL
- CowCow Colorful Pumpkin Leggings via Amazon – Sizes XS=XXXXXL
- Black Leather Bat Hair Bow from Gossamer and Quill
- Blood Red and Ivory Scarf from Pikeys
- Tripp Skull Mesh Tank Top via Torrid – Sizes 10-30
- Vampire Pendant in Ceramic with Bronze Chain from Barruntando
- Grim Reaper With A Heart Shoulder Crossbody Bag via Amazon
- The Love of Your Afterlife A-Line Dress via ModCloth – Sizes XS-4X
- Rad to the Bone A-Line Dress in Homo Sapiens via ModCloth – Sizes XS-4X
- Off-Shoulder Hocus Pocus Sweatshirt from FamFam Shirts – Sizes S-XXL
- Glitz is Halloween Earring Set via ModCloth
- Graveyard Ghosts Printed Tights from The Kawaii Machine – Sizes S-3XL
- Your Biggest Phantom T-Shirt via ModCloth – Sizes XS-XL
- Here for the Boos Slouchy Oversized Sweatshirt from Dentz Denim – Sizes S-3XL
Halloween Fashion to DIY
No Sew Handmade Spiderweb Cape from Delia Creates // This is so cool, and so easy too. All you need is a little time, and it looks great!
Skull Back Hollow Cut Out Top DIY by AllDayChic // This is cute, and so easy! Plus, you can do it with a shirt you already know fits right!
Eraser Stamped Halloween Shirt by Cutesy Crafts // Cheap. Easy. Fun. Just the way I like it!
Halloween DIY: Hot Glue Dripping Blood Necklace from Hairspray and Spray Paint // Okay, now this is just cool. Why didn’t I ever think of using hot glue to create something like this? People are SO creative!
Halloween Beauty Favorites
The Horror Collection by Printcess // Beth created some stunning colors for her Horror collection, and they have great (and horror nerdy/book nerd) names like “Pennywise” and “Droog.” I have to say though, if I’m choosing the prettiest colors I’m going with Ghost Door and Children of the Night. Those colors are amazing! (See swatches HERE!)
3 Ingredient DIY Homemade Pumpkin Face Mask from Outnumbered 3 to 1 // This is so great! I love a good inexpensive beauty DIY, and pumpkin is good for you in so many ways.
20 Step-by-Step Halloween Nail Art Tutorials to Try from Idea Stand // Okay, every single one of these is cool… Dang, I need to up my nail art game.
Non-Halloween October Favorites
Of course, there were some great things that were not Halloween-related (GASP, I know I know, Halloween > Everything) that can’t be excluded. Check these October favorites out.
20 Life Lessons from Gilmore Girls from The Confused Millenial // I LOVE Gilmore Girls. Love love love! This is pretty on-point too.
Glacier National Park by Misadventures with Andi // Andi may not have had an overwhelmingly great trip to Glacier, but her husband sure got some amazing shots! Seriously, they’re stunning.
What You Need to Know so Your Typography Doesn’t Suck by The Blog Dept // If you do any of your own design (blog header, post graphics, etc.) definitely check out this post! Kimi has great ideas for you, and she’s teaching you about tracking and kerning, which are both important!
Rainy Day Ideas from Mckenzie Allyshia // I love a good rainy day, and I love Kenzie’s ideas for passing the time on one!
What are your October Favorites?
The Monthly Coffee Link-Up
Monthly Coffee is a monthly linky party where we showcase posts from other bloggers that we loved throughout the month. You’ll find all sorts of things here, anything that tickled our fancy for the month, and hopefully you’ll find new posts you love and make some new bloggy friends.
<a href=”http://www.mysocalledchaos.com” title=”Monthly Coffee” target=”blank”><img src=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MonthlyCoffee.jpg” alt=”Monthly Coffee with Aubrey & Angie”></a>
How to Participate in Monthly Coffee
- Write up a post showcasing the other posts you loved throughout the month. (I find it helpful to schedule the post or set it to draft at the start of the month, and then just add links to it as the month goes on so I don’t lose anything.)
- Add the button or a link back to the party to your post.
- Link-up in the inLinkz linky tool at the bottom of this post.
- Visit other partiers and check out what they showcased, and leave comments for them.