Hello October! I know, I’m super late for the October Goals linky party, can you forgive me? I was down with BOTH types of the flu this weekend, which is pure torture, all while still working two jobs and trying to help my grandmother move out of her home. It’s been crazy. But trust me, I wouldn’t want to miss the October Goals linky party! It’s one of my favorites. 🙂
Recap of September’s Goals
Clean the Kitchen– SUCCESS!
- Clean the Living Room – FAIL
- Set up a workspace in the living room – FAIL
- Clean up my bedroom – FAIL
- Set up new TV in bedroom – FAIL
- Get the yard semi-under control- FAIL
Sort out some things for yard sale and possibly have yard sale late Sept or early Oct– SUCCESS!
- Get caught up on laundry – FAIL
Sell some more clothes– SUCCESS!
- Get my pages and sidebar updated – FAIL
- Finish up my new sponsorship program and get it running right – FAIL
- Plan out the next three months of group giveaways – FAIL
Get back to a regular posting schedule with quality content– SUCCESS! Get the Grow Your Blog Facebook Group all caught up and running well– SUCCESS! Figure out what we’re doing with Page a Vu and Chaotic Goddess Swaps– SUCCESS! (More to come on that later…)
- Put together a budget and start working to stick to it – FAIL
- Start meal planning and get back to cooking more – FAIL
Go to Peach Days with my friends– SUCCESS! See my family– SUCCESS! Get Bubba in to the vet– SUCCESS!
- Get a mani/pedi – FAIL
- Figure out my next hair plan – FAIL I have no idea what to do…
Well I certainly didn’t have as much success as I’d planned to last month, did I? A lot of that is because life threw some crazy stuff my way which totally derailed some plans, but also got some plans back on track.
What Happened in September?
We found out that my grandparents are losing their home (more on that in a later post) and that they had to be out by October 4th (hey that’s today!), so we had to drop most of everything and spend as much time frantically sorting through her house to save anything that was valuable and/or meaningful. This also meant that I had to mad-rush to get my house in a position where I could move a lot of that stuff to my place-a lot of big stuff. I’m taking home various furniture like the cherry wood china hutch with all the family china, my cedar chest, blankets made my great great grandparents, a million totes filled with family photos, and so much more. I’m also getting my grandmother’s kiln and ceramics supplies.
So I did manage to spend quite a few evenings working on my garage which checked that off the list, but my house got even more messy (thus the living room didn’t get cleaned fully) as I brought load after load home from grandma’s… I also made myself very sick from burning at both ends so long and so hard… There’s still so much to do, but at least the bank gave them another month so I can breathe for a moment.
October is one of my favorite months, so you can bet there is a TON going on this month-which is both good and bad. Lots of fun stuff happening, lots of not-so-fun stuff.
- Finish organizing the garage/making room for stuff from my grandparent’s house
- Move all of the stuff from my grandparents’ that I’m taking to my house
- Get the house cleaned up/organized so everything will fit
- Get the bedroom organized
- Set up the new TV downstairs
- Help the roommate look for a new apartment
- Get caught up on laundry
- Sell more clothes
- Plan out the monthly giveaways for the rest of the year
- Figure out my holiday sponsorship program
- Get my pages and sidebar updated
- Finish up some posts that have been sitting in draft for a while
- Finish up some Grow Your Blog group tasks
- Switch Page a Vu back to a free platform
- Write up my backlog of book reviews for Page a Vu
- Put together a budget and stick to it
- Get some debt paid off
- Start meal planning and cooking more
- Find more vendors for our Holiday Boutique (if you’re local to Utah and a small-business owner let me know!)
- Get the holiday boutique all planned out and put together
What are your October Goals?
<a href=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/tag/the-monthly-goals” title=”The Monthly Goals at My So-Called Chaos” target=”blank”><img src=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MonthlyGoalsButton2016.jpg” alt=”The Monthly Goals Link-Up”></a>
Join Us for the Monthly Goals
How to Play Along:
- Follow your hosts My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen’s World in some way to keep up with these linkies.
- Write up a post about your goals for the month.
- Include the button (below) or a link back to my post or Karen’s.
- Link up in the linky below.
- The linky goes live on the first of each month and is open all month so link up at any time.
- Only posts talking about your goals (in whatever format you like) can be linked up.
- Posts that don’t link back or contain the button will be removed.
- Visit other people in the linky and lave encouragement and support!