Holy cow. Raise your hand if you’re not ready for it to be the last two months of the year… Or maybe, raise your hand if you most definitely are… I know I’m not the only one who feels like 2016 has been a little rocky-and man-October was the worst of it for me! What a rough month. I’m so ready for it to be November, and to set some November goals.
Before anything, let’s talk about how we did in October…
- Finish organizing the garage/making room for stuff from my grandparent’s house – In Progress (I’ve done a LOT, but not all)
- Move all of the stuff from my grandparents’ that I’m taking to my house – In Progress (Again, most, but not all)
- Get the house cleaned up/organized so everything will fit – In Progress (Most, not all)
- Get the bedroom organized FAIL
- Set up the new TV downstairs FAIL
Help the roommate look for a new apartmentSUCCESS! I found him one and he’s been there a few weeks
- Get caught up on laundry FAIL
Sell more clothesSUCCESS
- Plan out the monthly giveaways for the rest of the year FAIL
- Figure out my holiday sponsorship program FAIL
- Get my pages and sidebar updated FAIL
- Finish up some posts that have been sitting in draft for a while FAIL
- Finish up some Grow Your Blog group tasks FAIL
- Switch Page a Vu back to a free platform FAIL
- Write up my backlog of book reviews for Page a Vu FAIL
- Put together a budget and stick to it FAIL
Get some debt paid offSUCCESS! 1 credit card down…
- Start meal planning and cooking more FAIL
Find more vendors for our Holiday BoutiqueSUCCESS!
- Get the holiday boutique all planned out and put together In Progress
October: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
October was a rough one. Aside from working two jobs and never getting enough sleep, I’ve been working to get my grandmother’s house taken care of before they lose it. This not only means going over and going through 30 years worth of stuff, but getting my house/garage ready to take what I can. I also had a TON of social engagements this month, and a couple of huge issues come up that I’m not ready to talk about publicly. It’s just been rough, and it’s left me feeling more exhausted than ever and my anxiety is on high levels.
There were some good things though. I spent some good quality time with friends, and Josh was in town which was fantastic. He even helped me with fixing my kitchen sink (which decided to completely stop draining and no amount of drain cleaner or taking it apart by myself did any good) and cleaning my kitchen. There were some good things though. I spent some good quality time with friends, and Josh was in town which was fantastic. He even helped me with fixing my kitchen sink (which decided to completely stop draining and no amount of drain cleaner or taking it apart by myself did any good) and cleaning my kitchen. I’ve often had to hire professionals to fix my draining system, roofing repairs, and basement waterproofing (you can visit this website if you are in need of waterproofing services) as well. They usually complete such tasks with professionalism. Now when he did the work for me, it was almost like hitting the jackpot since I saved some money. He also cooked us homemade Mac n’ Cheese. Man I love my friend!
I need to find some time this month to figure some things out… I need to figure out if I can continue on with my second job or if I can afford not to have it. I love it, but it stresses me out and it takes away from my ability to do some other important things in my life. But, now more than ever, I really need the money… It’s a tough call.
- Finish moving the important stuff from my grandparents’ house to mine
- Get caught up on laundry
- Clean up the bedroom and set up the bedroom TV
- Get the second bedroom/office situated
- Decorate for the Holidays (if I don’t do it early, it wont happen.)
- Write more meaningful posts for the blog
- Put together some great gift guides
- Figure out my 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways
- Plan out November & December’s Huge Group Giveaways
- Get my pages and sidebar updated
- Figure out what I’m doing with all other blogs/sites
- Have a successful Holiday Boutique
- Figure out Holiday gifts
- Figure out how to fix this “too busy” thing I have going on
- Get enrolled for new healthcare/benefits at work
- Get my finances/budget under control
What are your November Goals?
Join Us for the Monthly Goals
How to Play Along:
- Follow your hosts My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen’s World in some way to keep up with these linkies.
- Write up a post about your goals for the month.
- Include the button (below) or a link back to my post or Karen’s.
- Link up in the linky below.
- The linky goes live on the first of each month and is open all month so link up at any time.
- Only posts talking about your goals (in whatever format you like) can be linked up.
- Posts that don’t link back or contain the button will be removed.
- Visit other people in the linky and lave encouragement and support!