Hello lovelies, how was your January? Mine? Crazy. But with the way my life is, how could it be any other way? It couldn’t. Crazy begets crazy begets crazy, and so on and so on. Man, it feels like I’m stuck in a never-ending cycle of “busy” and I’m getting more and more exhausted each day. Something has to give, but honestly? I just don’t know what yet… Anyway, we’re here today to talk about goals… Specifically to recap my successes and failures in January, and set a plan for February Goals. We should also touch base on my yearly goals too…
January Recap & Goals Progress
Whew, January flew by, didn’t it? Or maybe it dragged on waaaaay too long… I can’t decide, but I do know I’m glad it’s over. It was politically stressful, exhausting work-wise, and of course it’s that one month of the year where I feel like my depression/S.A.D. kicks in hardest. But, there was some really good stuff in January too, and since I didn’t post a life update last month, I’d like to do a little one here.
Memorable January Happenings
Here are some of the best things that happened in January.
Fun Bus and Wendover Fun
The night before New Years Eve, my friends and I hopped on board the Fun Bus to Wendover to join our dear friends Katelyn and Callie for their bachelorettes party. If you’re not familiar with the Fun Bus or Wendover, you’re likely not from Utah… Haha, it’s about 90 minutes to the small border town of Wendover Nevada from Salt Lake City, so it’s a popular destination for those who want to get away for an evening and party or gamble. Thus, a whole business has boomed when it comes to Wendover, including the Fun Bus-a charter bus that runs regularly and can be hired out for things such as group events.
Basically, you catch the Fun Bus and they drive you out to Wendover for the evening. It costs about $20, and you can drink and play games the whole way down, spend a few hours in Wendover, and then they drive you home so you can sober up on the way back. They also include fun things like coupons for the buffet, a free drink, etc. Katelyn and Callie’s fun bus was probably the most fun I’ve ever had on one, and the evening was great. I drank more than I have in a while, and Josh and I wandered around (because neither of us are big gamblers) while our friends tried their hands at table games. It was a blast, but I learned that I’m basically super old now and I would have liked to have headed back at midnight instead of 2AM.
Callie & Katelyn’s Wedding
On the 6th, my dear friend Callie married Katelyn, the love of her life. I was so lucky to be one of the few invited to the wedding, and it was probably one of the best weddings I’ve ever been to. The ceremony was sweet, the food delicious, and there was dancing and an open bar. It was marvelous!
It was an absolute blast, so much so that Chris and I both went home and talked about it and obsessed about it for weeks after. “Remember how much fun that was?” “Remember how adorable they looked?” “That photobooth was a fantastic idea!” We felt very blessed to be included in their special night, and there was just so much love.
Melanie Grace, Travis, and Grayson
I can’t believe I didn’t get any photos, but Chris and I were lucky enough to get to spend an evening with some of my dearest friends who were in town for a super-short (too short) visit from Savannah. We hung out at the hotel and had dinner with Melanie Grace, Travis, and their little one (who I was able to give holiday presents to in person) for one short but really fun evening. I love them so, and I can’t wait to see them in a few months when I head their way.
I Changed My Hair
I made the tough decision to part with my purple hair. Seriously, it was a tough one. I LOVE having purple hair, but part of me felt like it was time to start thinking about grown up decisions like possibly switching careers (I have made no decision towards that yet, and am probably staying put for a while still), so I felt like I needed more grown up hair in case I decided on job interviews. I was struggling with it though, and had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do other than I wanted to go lighter.
My stylist Jamie did a FANTASTIC job though, and I’m in love with the rose gold blonde she acheived. It’s so pretty!
January Goals Recap
Okay, let’s get down to how I did on my January goals… Not well…
January Home Goals
Pack up and put away Holiday decor, move it out to the garage– SUCCESS!
- Organize the living room closet to hold games and craft/art supplies – In Progress (I just haven’t had time to finish…
- Move kitchen table into the living room – FAIL (still in the works)
- Move grandma’s hutch from her house to mine, set it up in the kitchen – FAIL
- Clean out Fridge/Cupboards – FAIL
- Organize cookware and drawers/cupboards – FAIL
- Deep clean the kitchen – FAIL
- Deep clean the Living Room – FAIL
- Find all the plants new homes – In Progress
- Organize shelves, unpack boxes of books/decor stacked in the corner onto them – FAIL
- Hang some decor on the kitchen and dining room walls – FAIL
- Move A/C window unit & Packed Pool out to the garage – FAIL
January Blog Goals
- Finish new design updates – In Progress (mostly done, just a few changes left…)
- Write & schedule out new and awesome posts – In Progress
Put together a killer monthly giveaway– SUCCESS! Go enter the HUGE Planner Supply Giveaway!
- Figure out my 2017 sponsorship program changes – FAIL
- Get back into the groove of blogging – In Progress
January Work Goals
- Suck it up and figure out how to be happy at my day job – In Progress
- Work less at my part-time job – In Progress
January Finance Goals
- Figure out my budget and how best to stick with it – FAIL
- Start the snowball effect to pay down some debt – FAIL
- Set a strict no-spend budget – FAIL
- Leave 80% of my LLR Facebook groups (I have to stop buying it) – In Progress (I haven’t bought any, but I haven’t gone and left groups yet…)
Start listing more things to sell in my dejunking process– SUCCESS (still have more to go, but getting there.)
January Life Goals
Read/listen to at least 2 books– SUCCESS! I listened to 3! Have a great visit with Josh before he heads back to Canada– SUCCESS! Have a great visit with MelanieGrace and her family– SUCCESS! Attend Callie and Katelyn’s wedding– SUCCESS!
- Visit my grandmother more often – FAIL. I only saw her once. 🙁
- Visit my parents’ for my mom’s birthday or for my parents’ anniversary – FAIL
- Get my planner set up and in use – In Progress… Set up, but I’ve been bad about using it.
So yeah, so far I’m failing at my yearly goals too… I need to get my crap together.
Okay, it’s a new month. It’s a short month. I’m already way behind… I think that means I’d better take it easier on myself this month and set myself up for success in March, but I still have a lot to do. I set up a yearly plan and now I’m behind schedule on it.
February Home Goals
- Finish getting January’s organization/cleaning goals
- Move Table from Kitchen to Living Room
- Move Grandma’s Hutch from her house to mine (and into the kitchen)
- Organize all shelves/cupboards/drawers
- Organize Living Room Closet – Games and Craft Supplies
- Desk Area – Clean and Organize
- Deep Clean
- Finish February’s Organization Goals
- Deep Clean
- Start setting up a desk/workspace area for creativity (desperately need one!)
February Blog Goals
- Finish new design updates
- Write & schedule out new and awesome posts
- Figure out my 2017 sponsorship program changes
- Think about new direction and rededication
February Work Goals
- Figure out a better morning routine to be more successful with arriving on time/early to work
Retiring The Monthly Goals Linky
I’ve been struggling the last few months to post it on time (I mean hello, it’s 10 days into the month now and I’m just getting to these goals) and I haven’t been able to visit all the participants as much as I’d like either. When my linkytoolz account came up for renewal I decided not to renew it… For now, I’m going to retire the Monthly Goals linky, but continue to share my goals nad progress, as well as look for yours as well. Please feel free to link to them in the comments-I’d still love to see your progress!