Oh October… My favorite month of the year is here. It’s Halloween month! Y’all know how I feel about Halloween-I love it almost to the point of obsession. I find that this year I’m even extra excited for it. Not only is it baby’s first Halloween (dying of excitement over this) but we actually have the boys for Halloween night and get to take them trick or treating this year. We’re so excited, and have so many things we want to get done this month. So, I decided to take a moment and share my Halloween bucket list this year, and my October Goals since I miss posting and hosting the monthly goals linky.
Our October Goals & To-Do List
Here are the things I really need to get done this month, but that aren’t necessarily fun bucket list items, rather just my general goals and to-do list.
October Goals for Around the House
- Take my dead plants to the compost – RIP. Unfortunately after my baby was born and life got crazy, I killed a ton of plants… I used to be so good at keeping them too, and I’m SO sad. But, I need to clear them out of my plant area so I can put my Halloween Village along that ledge.
- Replant my living plants. There are a couple of plants that can be salvaged and need to be replanted. This includes a new plant or two I bought this week. Pray for us that I can keep them alive, I miss having live plants.
- Start cleaning out the garage. I really need to get some order in that garage so I can put a few things out there and get to the stuff I need (like my Halloween decorations!)
- Move the dining table to the garage. We never use the kitchen table, it just collects junk, so I’m taking it out to the garage for now (once there’s room for it).
- Move the cedar chest into the Kitchen. I don’t know where else to put it, but if it doesn’t move out the of the living room I wont have anywhere to put our Christmas tree.
- Move Amelie’s crib into the bedroom. She’ll probably still sleep with me a lot, but I need a place to put her so she’s safe if I have to run upstairs to the restroom or something. Plus it needs to get out of the boys room so they can start sleeping downstairs.
- Clean and organize the boys room. They need to start sleeping down there because I need to get the little mattresses out of my living room… There’s too little space to have so much stuff around.
October Goals for Creativity
- Cook more things. I’ve been into cooking in my crockpot again the last week or so, so I want to try more fun crockpot recipes this month. We eat out far too often, and we need to put a stop to that.
- Start actively using my planner. I love it. I bought decor stickers for it. Why don’t I ever use it? That has to change.
- Get started on my Xmas Gifts. This year I’m doing a 100% handmade Christmas for everyone except the kids (they are still getting a few handmade things, but there are a few bought things as well). I already bought most of the supplies for my gifts, so I just need to get them made… If I don’t get it started now, it’s not going to be done in time.
- Get My Hair Done. I think I’m going purple again…
October Blogging Goals
- Share more amazing Halloween Decor. Much like my Hocus Pocus Decor I found and shared last week.
- Start Planning Gift Guides. Christmas is coming y’all…
- Share at least one DIY/Recipe. I need to do more of these… Life’s been crazy.
- Get my Pinterest Boards Organized. I’ve been working on this slowly but surely, but I have more to do still.
Our Halloween Bucket List
Here is our specific Halloween To-Do/Bucket List for this month. These are the things I’m planning to do, and really hope we can accomplish.
- Decorate the Yard and Porch – This week
- Set up Halloween Village and Indoor Decor – This week
- Paint and Hide Halloween Rocks – Throughout the Month
- Halloween Kids Craft & Movie Night – Wednesday 10/3
- Take a Drive to See the Fall Leaves – Monday 10/8
- Trunk or Treating at Valley Scare Mall – Wednesday 10/10
- Paint Trick or Treat Bags – Friday 10/12
- Pumpkin Patch, Hay Ride, and Corn Maze – Saturday 10/13
- DIY Paper Mache Pumpkins – Sunday 10/14
- Heathen Parents Pumpkin Picking – Tuesday 10/16
- Pumpkin Dioramas – Wednesday 10/17
- Downtown Farmer’s Market – Saturday 10/20
- Make Floating Ghosts – Wednesday 10/24
- Halloween Movie & Craft Night – Friday 10/26
- Boo at the Zoo – Saturday 10/27
- Bake & Decorate Halloween Cookies – Sunday 10/28
- Carve Pumpkins – Sunday 10/28
- Trick or Treating – Wednesday 10/31