Hello there, and welcome to My So-Called Chaos! First, I want to take the time to thank you, not only for stopping by this little blog of mine, but for taking the time to actually come here to my about page and get to know me better. You’re a peach. ♥
About the Author (Angie)
In Summary, I’m a thirty-something new mom living in a tiny fix
When I started this blog, I was single and living in a two-bedroom apartment with my best friend. We had some fabulous times, threw some great parties, and I was generally all about the single life. I talked a lot about my crazy misadventures in dating, shared music and handmade favorites, and took this lifestyle blog one day at a time.
Over the years things have changed significantly. I met my partner, Chris, in March of 2016. After years of battling “will-he won’t-he” and dating drama, we jumped in with two feet. We decided to skip all the dating games, and we skipped a bunch of steps. He even made an appearance in my 30th birthday photo shoot less than a month after we met.
A year later I was pregnant with my first child, and by the time Amélie came into the world, we were getting the boys for overnights. To say I hit the ground running on this whole motherhood thing is an understatement. I was suddenly a full-time insta-mom with a new baby, and a 5 year old, and a 9 year old. It has been a big adjustment, going from living in a cramped 1.5 bedroom bungalow with only my 70lb rescue dog and myself to suddenly having an entire family crammed into that small living space. However, there’s been a lot of blessing in it too. We’ve been on lots of fun adventures as a family, and the boys could not adore their sister more-and the feeling is mutual. She just loves them.
You may not believe this, but I’m a farm-girl turned city-girl. I grew up on a farm, raised by two very hard working and talented parents (seriously, I am so grateful for the work ethic and creativity they passed on to me). I’m the oldest of four, with two brothers and one sister. We also had many animals-horses, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, cows, and more… I learned how to work hard and apply myself to any task I set my mind towards-and it’s served me well in the workplace and here on my own little slice of the web.
What I’m Doing with My Life
3 months ago I was pretty certain of where I was in life. I returned to work after 3 months of maternity leave (which was sooo nice) and a week after I returned my company was sold and I was given notice that I’d be let go in September. So, as of right now, nothing is certain.
I’ve been working in Technical Support full time, and running my own little blogging business on the side, for 10 years. Now, I’m job searching and hoping to get out of technical support and find my way into a more creative position-like marketing. I’ve learned a lot from self-promoting, social media management, and writing from this blog; and I hope that I’ll be able to use those skills in a professional environment as well. Here’s to the next step in life…
A Few Facts About Me
- I’ve had a lot of various jobs over the years, including: Working on a chicken farm, being a nanny, restaurant manager, owning my own handmade business, and more.
- I’ve done a lot of volunteer work with local animal rescues, shelters, and human rights groups.
- I consider myself an artist and creator, and hope to open a new eCommerce store again someday.
- I’m an Aries/Leo/Scorpio mix with a Fire Tiger Chinese sign. Which means I’m all sorts of passionate, emotional, and stubborn. I love fiercely, and I’m very protective of who I care about.
- I LOVE to travel and take road trips-I’d really rather drive than fly.
- I’m trying to get healthy, but so far it’s been an uphill battle with my motivation.
- I love with books, buying all the craft supplies, coffee, wine, and Netflix marathons.
- I’m the most disorganized person who’s obsessed with organization tools and solutions.
- I love to cook and bake.
- I do amateur graphic design, and most of my blog design is done myself.
- I consider myself a photographer by hobby, and enjoy taking and sharing photos. See some of my photographs HERE.
- I’m plus-size and pro body positivity (even while working to improve my self and health). Love yourself no matter what stage you’re in.
Want to Know More?
Check out these pages to learn more.