I’m a Utah girl, born and bred, but I may not be what you’re expecting to come out of the beehive state. I should start by noting that I’m not religious, though I do consider myself “spiritual.” I know, that word seems to rub people the wrong way-but I don’t know how else to describe it. I believe in the Universe. I believe in love. I don’t feel the need to pin-point my beliefs or worship in a building-BUT I fully support your right to. Just do what makes you happy.
You may not believe this, but I’m a farm-girl turned city-girl. I grew up on a farm, raised by two very hard working and talented parents (seriously, I am so grateful for the work ethic and creativity they passed on to me) and with two brothers, one sister, and a million different animals. When I was 18 years old I followed my best friend to the city, and I’ve never gone back, finally landing my self in Salt Lake City. People can complain about Utah all they want, but I love this city of mine.
Over the years I’ve been extremely blessed to have collected a close-knit group of friends that I consider family. We may not be all together, some of them are as far away as another country, but we’ll always be there for each other. I’d consider that pretty blessed.
What am I doing with my life? Well, I currently work full-time doing tech support for an online backup company, going to school part time at Salt Lake Community College and majoring in English (I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was seven years old), and I just bought my first house. All. On. My. Own. I’ve spent a great many years battling with dating and waiting for “the right guy” to come along so I could start a life, but as I exit my twenties it’s become apparent that waiting is ridiculous. I am a fiercely independent woman who doesn’t need a prince to save me. That’s why when I chose my first tattoo, I put a small inscription on my arm (in my own handwriting) to remind me to save myself. My second tattoo is in French, and it’s on my foot-it says “Rester Sauvage” which means “to stay wild.” I wanted to remember to keep my feet moving and never be tamed.
- I’ve had a lot of various jobs over the years, including: Working on a chicken farm, being a nanny, restaurant manager, financial manager for an exotic dancer, and more,
- Before going back to school I spent a lot of time volunteering with animal rescues and drag queens.
- I consider myself an artist and creator, and sell my goods in my shop Je Me Souviens.
- I’m an Aries/Leo/Scorpio mix with a Fire Tiger Chinese sign. Which means I’m all sorts of passionate, emotional, and stubborn! I love fiercely, and I’m very protective of who I care about.
- I LOVE to travel and take road trips.
- I’m trying to get healthy, but so far it’s been an uphill battle with my motivation.
- I’m obsessed with books, buying nail polish and not using it, coffee, wine, and Netflix marathons.
- I love to cook.
- I do amateur graphic design, and most of my blog design is done myself.
- I consider myself a photographer by hobby, and enjoy taking and sharing photos. Here are a few of my favorites.
As I grow and change, I want this space to grow and change along with me. Moving forward, this blog will feature more recipes, more DIY, more of my personal art and photography, and home-improvement projects. I am an ever-changing being, so I’d like my blog to reflect that.
- Lesson 1: Blogger Lingo
- Lesson 2: Finding Your Niche
- Lesson 3: Social Media
- Lesson 4: Start a Conversation
- Lesson 5: Blog Design Tips
- Lesson 6: Blog Sponsorship
- Lesson 7: Accepting Sponsors
- Lesson 8: Running A Giveaway
- Lesson 9: Hosting Linky Parties
- Lesson 10: Back Up Your Blogger Blog
- Lesson 11: Sizing and Positioning Photos
- Lesson 12: Basic HTML for Bloggers