Hey friends, who’s ready for July? Me! June was insane so hopefully July will be better… I know, it wont… I say that every month. I say “this month I’m going [do better/get more of my crap together/rock my July Goals/be less busy/etc.] and it never happens. Oh well, I guess it’s okay to embrace the fact that I don’t know when to slow down or stop taking on so much stuff! Maybe someday? Who knows-but I do know it’s time for July Goals and The Monthly Goals Linky Party! If you’re new here, there are instructions at the bottom, but the short of it is just this: write up a post with your July goals, add our button (code at the bottom), link up with the party, and then visit some other fabulous goal-diggers and support them in their efforts! Simple and fun.
June Goals Recap
- Get my home cleaned up and moderately organized. FAIL.
- Figure out what I can still plant-and get it planted ASAP. FAIL. I guess no garden this year… 🙁
- Get my lawnmower fixed… Again. FAIL. Yep, I am just going to have to buy a new one. UGH.
Get the air conditioner put in the window and hooked up-it’s SO hot in my house. SUCCESS!
Figure out what to get my dad for his birthday and for Father’s Day.SUCCESS! I got him this custom-engraved knife and he loved it. Figure out what to get my sister for her birthday.SUCCESS! Cute little mermaid stuff from Torrid. Easy peasy. Have fun at the Utah Pride Festival. SUCCESS!
- Attend my cousin Brooke’s wedding. FAIL. I had to work. 🙁
- Attend birthday parties… FAIL. I had to work, and one was canceled.
Write at least one Better Your Blog post. SUCCESS! Read it here: Blog Investments to Help Step Up Your Blogging Game
- Edit and update a huge chunk of old posts. FAIL. This month I just did not get to it.
Write at least one DIY or recipe post.SUCCESS! Read it here: Simple Peaches & Cream Recipe to Help Use Overripe Peaches
- Update my pages. FAIL.
- Help Melanie of Growing Up Geeky get her new website up and running. In Progress… I provided a lot of info but they’re doing it on their end.
- Get my book reviews written and posted on Page à Vu as well as updated on Goodreads. FAIL. Need. To. Do. This.
- Get caught up on my inbox and everything I needed to do last month. FAIL. I’m so sorry if I’m behind on something I owe you!
- Get at least one fashion post shot and posted. FAIL.
- Get my photos from Savannah edited and posted. FAIL.
- Write up my 40 Before 40 list. FAIL.
- Get an art/blogging table set up in my house again-I just can’t go without an area anymore. FAIL.
- Get a significant chunk of credit card paid off. FAIL.
Work a few shifts at least at my new part-time job. SUCCESS!
- Figure out what I”m doing for school next semester. FAIL.
- Start working on my A+ certification for real. FAIL.
Ugh. I feel like I just wrote these June goals and here I am failing most of them… Bummer. I think for July I’ll get my goals list simplifed a bit… I may have to kick it back into high gear in August though-there’s a lot more to do but I need a break!
- Get my house cleaned up and help the boyfriend unpack his stuff.
- Buy a new lawnmower.
- Set up the fun little pool I bought so we can relax in it.
- Go camping.
- Spend a night at Ken and Kristina’s.
- Throw Ortie an awesome baby shower.
- Get my pages and sidebar updated.
- Figure out what to switch to for my blog sponsorship program.
- Plan out the next three months of group giveaways.
- Set up my new Second Saturday Six post to replace the Saturday Spotlights (more info soon, this will be fun!).
- Edit and update a huge chunk of old posts.
- Get my book reviews written and posted on Page à Vu as well as updated on Goodreads.
- Get caught up on my inbox and everything I needed to do last month.
- Do at least one fashion post.
- Do at least one recipe or DIY post.
- Do at least one Better Your Blog post.
- Get my photos from Savannah edited and posted.
- Put together a budget and start working to stick to it.
- Start working on my A+ certification.
What are your June Goals?
<a href=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/tag/the-monthly-goals” title=”The Monthly Goals at My So-Called Chaos” target=”blank”><img src=”http://mysocalledchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MonthlyGoalsButton2016.jpg” alt=”The Monthly Goals Link-Up”></a>
Join Us for the Monthly Goals
How to Play Along:
- Follow your hosts My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen’s World in some way to keep up with these linkies.
- Write up a post about your goals for the month.
- Include the button (below) or a link back to my post or Karen’s.
- Link up in the linky below.
- The linky goes live on the first Thursday of each month and is open all month so link up at any time.
- Only posts talking about your goals (in whatever format you like) can be linked up.
- Posts that don’t link back or contain the button will be removed.
- Visit other people in the linky and lave encouragement and support!